- Our Services
Wooden Pallet Heat Treatment Service effectively kills any bugs, termites or weevils that may have embedded themselves within the material.
Our wood heat treatment systems strictly follow the norms of ISPM 15 and IPPC.
International Standards For Phytosanitary Measures No. 15 (ISPM 15) is an International Phytosanitary Measure developed by the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) that directly addresses the need to treat wood materials of a thickness greater than 6mm, used to ship products between countries. Its main purpose is to prevent the international transport and spread of disease and insects that could negatively affect plants or ecosystems.
ISPM 15 affects all wood packaging material (pallets, crates, dunnages, etc.) requiring that they be debarked and then heat treated or fumigated with methyl bromide and stamped or branded, with a mark of compliance. This mark of compliance is colloquially known as the "wheat stamp". Products exempt from the ISPM 15 are made from an alternative material, like paper, plastic or wood panel products (i.e. OSB, hardboard, and plywood).
Internationally accepted types of treatment:
- Steady Heat Treatment (HT): Standard procedure conducted in heating chambers;
- Kiln-dried (KD): Similar to the standard HT, but it also requires moisture's standards;
- Mobile Heat Treatment (HT): Heat treatment conducted in heating chambers installed in trucks. Allows the treatment to be done anywhere.
- Portable Chamber Process (PCP - HT): Heat treatment conducted in portable chambers made of thermal fabric. Allows the treatment to be done anywhere, but with lower costs. The process' patent requirement belongs to the Brazilian company Fitolog Pest Control;
- Fast Container Connector (FCC - HT): Heat treatment conducted directly in containers by a mobile heating unit. Its a simplified variation of PCP. Ideal for ports and terminals.
- MB (Methyl Bromide) - Requires to completely fill an area with gaseous pesticide (methyl bromide).
- Container Fumigation: The container where the wooden packaging is placed is completely filled with Methyl Bromide. After a 24-hour quarantine, the container is aerated and the wood/cargo is released;
- Tent Fumigation: The wooden packaging is covered with a specific type of tent, sealed to the ground with weight. The tent is completely filled with methyl bromide. After a 24-hour quarantine, the tent is removed and the wood/cargo is released;
We offer specialized services and provide partner carrier services for regional transport. Whether you are moving an over dimensional load, dry van goods, or temperature controlled freight, our experienced and knowledgeable staff are ready to assist you with the highest level of personalized customer service.
If you’re looking for the convenience and cost effectiveness of a larger carrier service, call us for fast and efficient delivery of your goods. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.